The Indian River County Youth Livestock and Horticulture Inc is a Florida registered Not for Profit Corporation that is recognized as tax exempt by IRS code 501 (c) 3.
Formed in July 2017 the aim and purpose of the Indian River County Youth Livestock and Horticulture Inc is to promote and encourage the work of 4-H Clubs, Future Farmers of America, and adult leaders of Indian River County in promoting any phase of the agriculture industry.
1. To promote Livestock, horticulture and the agriculture industry in the community, involving youth, and members of their families and community.
2. To teach youth fundamentals and professionalism of animal husbandry and business.
3. To plan and host successful local livestock and horticulture shows highlighting the youth of Indian River County.
4. The main emphasis will not be on profit, but the project as a learning tool to build and develop respectable and responsible young adults with marketable skills.
IRCYLH is a member based non-profit. Membership is open to any individuals 21 and over who live or work in Indian River County and share the mission and goals of IRCYLH.
Our officers primarily focus on community engagement, sustainability, education, and the mission and vision of the organization.
Our Board of Officers for 2022-23 are:
David Flynt - President
Anthony (Quinn) Wright - Vice President/Fair Manager
Jennifer Durst- Secretary
Barb Carls - Treasurer
Susan Adams Officer at Large
Wesley Davis Officer at Large
Chris Bender Officer at Large
James Ooley Officer at Large
Dave Bailey Officer at Large
Our Show and Auction Committee focus on the youth exhibitors who exhibit at the annual Show and Auction at the Indian River County Firefighters Fair each year. These dedicated individuals ensure the access to the nearly 300 projects, in six species groups shown annually by our exhibitors.
Show and Auction Committee Directors
Barn Director Scott Russell
- Kevin Peavy - Swine
- Kaleigh Patteson - Cattle
- Michael Rovella - Horticulture
- Christina Arce - Goats
- Bree Russell- Rabbit/Cavy
- Maryanne Bender- Poultry
Leah Flynt - Sponsorship Director
Amanda House - Buyers Appreciation Director
Brian Bender- Auction Night and Harvest Director
Beth Stabe - Special Events Director
Lisa Bender - Clerk of the Show
Amanda Richardson - Clerk of the Auction
Kerri Wall - Record Books Committee Director
Directors at Large:
Ashley Flood-Poole - Communications Liaison
P. J. Pastor
Copyright © 2022 Indian River County Youth Livestock and Horticulture Inc - All Rights Reserved.